People who work at restaurants develop skills that are indispensable to life, such as patience, multitasking, tolerance and others. If you love being in a fast-paced environment and think of food as part of your day-to-day, check out some of the best hints about working at restaurants and apply for a job today!
Read more: Technology and consulting company IBM announces over 900 jobs in Canada this summer
For candidates who love being a part of a dynamic restaurant team, we have great news for you: there are over 18,000 job openings listed in the sector at the Indeed job portal alone. The positions are available all throughout Canada. Check out more information below.
If you have ever worked as a restaurant team member, you should know that being part of a crew that prepares and serves delicious food with the potential to create amazing customer experiences through every interaction is an incredibly satisfying job.
Therefore, whether you prefer to work the kitchens or directly with the clients, you must bring your best to work every day. Not only the customers are directly affected by your work practices, but your whole crew, since you’ll be doing teamwork most of the time.
In several of the job openings we bring you today, you’ll be responsible for maintaining a well-presented, clean and safe restaurant whilst employing your multitasking and time management skills during the peak periods in the restaurants you apply to work at.
Read more: Are you unemployed? Feel better with these tips!
Previous experience working in similar positions, such as in cafés, cafeterias, fast-food chains and other establishments will be valued by the employers, but it is not necessary for the majority of job opportunities available today.
Besides, if you are not sure how to begin working in this area, it will please you to know that most companies will provide full training on your first week on the job.
As a restaurants crew member, some skills will be very useful, such as:
- embrace working in a team environment;
- presenting a clean and tidy appearance;
- having great communication skills;
- being friendly and helpful when providing customer service;
- being reliable and punctual at work, and more.
Read more: Management and consulting company Deloitte announces over a thousand jobs in Canada
On a common day at work, you’ll be responsible for cooking delicious food as a cook or kitchen hand; providing great experiences and making clients feel comfortable and well served as a waiter/ waitress; make the customers feel at home as they enjoy the time spent at the restaurant as a receptionist, cashier or customer service official, and more!
In order to accomplish all of this, you must bring a happy, energetic and enthusiastic attitude! If you want to join one of these hundreds of restaurants hiring this October.
Check out some roles available right now across Canada:
- Waiter / Waitress Cogir Quebec City, QC
- Host/hostess, restaurant Sydax Developments Ltd Halifax, NS
- Server/Waitstaff — Ironwood Estates Atria Senior Living St. Albert, AB
- Kitchen helper SPICE ART Port Coquitlam, BC
- Dishwasher Restaurant Le Continental inc Quebec City, QC
- Restaurant cashier Famous Peppers Charlottetown, PE
- Waiter/waitress — drive-in restaurant Beacon Drive In Ltd. Victoria, BC
- Restaurant host/hostess La Cucina Dartmouth, NS
- Restaurant cashier les restaurants bérubé inc. Baie-Comeau, QC
- Waiter/waitress Baba Q’s Smoke & Grill Restaurant Ltd Labrador City, NL
- Server — food and beverage services Talbot Arm Motel Limited Destruction Bay, YT
- Counter attendant, restaurant Wok Box Saint John, NB
- Food and beverage server, Sangam Restaurant & Catering Mission, BC
- Kitchen helper Whitehorse Restaurant Limited Partnership Whitehorse, YT
- Room service waiter/waitress Ramada by Wyndham Quesnel, BC
- Kitchen helper Faro Studio — Hotel Faro, YT
- Restaurant cashier E&E drive-in Brigus, NL
- Host/hostess, restaurant Buffet Royale Carvery West Edmonton, AB
To access these and other thousands of available positions you can apply for today, go to ca.indeed.com and search for “Restaurant” to see the full jobs list within the sector. You can also access each restaurant’s section and see their employee reviews, salaries and further information. Good luck!
Read more: Kmart to hire sales assistants, cashiers and more, apply today
Source: ca.indeed.com | Images: qwick.com/ harri.com